FULL BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 50% of the booking amount (rent plus cleaning / bedlinen charge) is due on booking with the balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival. If less than 6 weeks to your arrival date, the full booking amount is payable on booking.
- A security deposit of €500 is payable in cash on arrival to our property manager who looks after the house and the guests.
- A cleaning / bedlinen charge of €220 is payable per stay. Unless paid at the time of booking, this charge and visitor tax (of €2.05 per head per night for those over 15 years of age) is deducted from the security deposit with the balance due paid to you in cash on departure provided everything is in order.
Apartment O’Hara & Chalet Struber
Guest = the person who books the property (together with all members of their holiday group).
Property: Apartment O’Hara or Chalet Struber (as relevant)
Term = the duration of the rental period.
Owner = Michael O’Hara
- The Guest is responsible for insuring his / her own possessions in the Property during the Term.
- The Guest will ensure that the Property is kept secure at all times and will ensure that doors are locked and downstairs windows closed when there is nobody in the Property.
- The Guest will exercise the same standard of care in relation to the Property and its contents as he / she exercises over his / her own property (but in all events not less than a reasonable standard of care) and will keep the Property in a clean and tidy condition throughout the Term. The Guest will not cause any damage to the Property or its contents nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to any occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- The Guest will comply with the reasonable directions of the Owner in relation to collection and use of keys etc.
- The Guest is responsible for ensuring that each member of his / her group is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance. Whilst the Owner will try to accommodate the Guest if the Guest has issues with departure / arrival times resulting from scheduling of flights, the Owner will have no liability to the Guest if he us unable to do so.
- The Guest is directly responsible to the Owner for the acts and omissions of all members of his / her group and for visitors any of them allow in the Property.
- The maximum number of people permitted to stay in each Property is 8. The Guest will not allow more people to stay in the Property. If the Guest does so, the Owner may refuse to hand over the Property or require the Guest to leave. Such eventuality will be treated as a cancellation of the booking by the Guest.
- The Property will be available from 3.30 pm on the day of arrival. Latest checkout time is 9.30am on day of departure.
- The Guest agrees to allow the Owner or his representatives access at all reasonable time during the Term for the purpose of essential repairs / checking compliance with the terms of this agreement.
- At the end of the Term, the Guest will hand over the Property, its contents and all keys to the Owner’s property manager in the same condition as at the start of the Term. The Guest shall be liable to the Owner for any damage, defects or breakages (fair wear and tear excepted) and the loss of any keys including the cost of replacement locks. Without limiting the liability of the Guest to the Owner, any non compliance shall firstly be paid out of the Security Deposit. The Guest acknowledges that he / she is liable to the Owner for any damage in excess of the Security Deposit up to the amount of the loss suffered by the Owner.
- Complaints: Every effort has been made to ensure that the Guest has an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, the Guest has any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that the Guest contacts the property manager if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved.
- Cancellation & Refund Policy- If you cancel your holiday having paid a deposit or fail to pay the balance when requested (in which case the booking will be deemed cancelled), your holiday period will be shown as available on the website. If a replacement guest is found, the rental charge will be refunded when the Owner has received payment in full from the replacement guest less a €250 administration charge. If a replacement guest is not found, all payments are forfeited. If the Guest does not show up for any part of the Term, this will be treated as a cancellation. If for whatever reason the Guest stays for a shorter period than the Term, no refund will be issued.
- Owner’s liability:-The maximum liability of the Owner for any losses suffered by the Guest (including members of the Guest’s party) howsoever arising is limited to the amount of rent received by the Owner. The Owner accepts no liability for consequential or indirect losses suffered by the Guest or members of the Guest’s party.