- Welcome to our two self catering homes in Zell am See - we hope you will have a wonderful holiday here.
- We’re proud to offer two spacious, stylish holiday rentals in the heart of Zell am See. Both are fully equipped for all you need to enjoy a wonderful holiday in this beautiful region, at any time of year.
- Whether you are looking for a quiet holiday or some vigorous hill walking or activities on the lake, or simply want guaranteed access to year round skiing (with the Kaprun glacier only 5kms away), Zell should be able to meet your needs. From numerous restaurants to luxury hotels, Zell is what you make of it. An old town (they call it a city) with lots of charm and plenty of ways to spend your money whether your budget is large or small.
- About us:- My family live in County Wicklow in Ireland. Having been to Zell am See a number of times in winter, we decided to stay for a 3 week summer holiday (in what is now our house). We fell in love with the place and bought the duplex penthouse new in 2007. We subsequently bought the house we had stayed in during our first visit. Both are unusual in that they are spacious 3 bed properties right in the centre of Zell am See. Both are treated as our home away from home. We stay in our house and apartment at different times of the year.
- About Zell am See - Within the shadow of the beautiful Hohe Tauern National Park, Zell am See is a buzzy, atmospheric winter and summer resort with sensational views, nearby glacier skiing and scenic lake, and, with its classic 19th-century architecture and mountain backdrop, the area is very much an all year round favourite. From the town centre it’s easy to grab the CityXpress gondola up the 2000m Schmittenhöhe mountain, where there are wide, scenic pistes and tree-lined runs offering variety for skiers and plenty of mountain huts. During the summer, walkers can enjoy a range of easy to challenging trails. Thanks to its friendly slopes, a traffic-free centre and plenty of non-ski activities, Zell am See is a great choice for families and intermediate skiers. The car-free town centre has a picture-postcard feel about it, with quaint cafés and restaurants alive with both locals and tourists. During the height of winter the lake often freezes over, enabling one to walk from one side to the other. Zell am See is part of the Europa Sport Region which includes the neighbouring glacier resort of Kaprun, which is easily accessible by local ski bus. The Zell area has 59 runs with 136 kms of piste. Set at the foot of the breathtaking 3203m Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, Kaprun also offers an excellent range of pistes, including those at high altitude with guaranteed snow. The views from the glacier at Kaprun are impressive, with the lake, Zell am See and the highest mountain in Austria all visible. Salzburg is easily reached either by train direct from Zell am See or by car in 75 minutes. A must for those with a car is the scenic and thrilling drive up the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. Why not go for a self catering holiday in Apartment O'Hara or Chalet Struber!
© zellhomerental 2023
Chalet Struber Homepage
Apartment O’Hara Homepage